Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Covenant Faithfulnes



My son got married a few weeks ago and again I was reminded of the covenantal faithfulness of God. They chose for their Bible passage Psalm 128 and it was a beautiful reminder of the blessed state of those who fear the Lord.

Blessed are all who fear the Lord,
who walk in his ways.
You will eat the fruit of your labor;
blessings and prosperity will be yours.
Your wife will be like a fruitful vine
within your house;
your sons will be like olive shoots
around your table.
Thus is the man blessed
who fears the Lord.

May the Lord bless you from Zion
all the days of your life;
may you see the prosperity of
Jerusalem,
and may you live to see your
children's children.

Peace be upon Israel.

The day was beautiful and I thank you for your well wishes and prayers. Six months ago for Christmas my daughter wrote a poem for me called A Mother's Prayer for Her Son. It is truly the prayer I would pray for my sons and the future husbands (Lord willing) of my daughters.

A Mother's Prayer for Her Son

Lord, I pray my son a house would build
Where every room is by Your glory filled.
May Your word his only foundation be,
And make the faith within an easy thing to see.
O God, when storms against his home do rail,
I pray that You'd his faith prevail.

Lord, I pray my son from evil his heart and home he would defend
And never from Your path, O Lord, allow his steps to bend.
Keep his heart focused relentlessly on You
So that at temptation's coming he can battle through.
May he never once his responsibilities hide,
And always for his family's needs provide.

Lord, I pray my son his family will lead,
And train his children to serve You in thought, in word, and deed.
Give him the wisdom to be the head You desire,
And in the study of Your Word may his heart never tire.
O precious Lord, hold him close to You,
And to Your will may he always be true.

Lord, I thank You my son has been able to see
A model of the man You have called him to be
By the godly example of the man You've given me
His father, by Your grace, has shown him the way,
And in that path, O Lord, I pray my son will stay.

In Jesus' Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment